Hello friends & supporters – We’re excited to be running THE BIG GIVE 2020 Christmas Challenge to support the mental health needs of all our service users. Read more here https://www.thebiggive.org.uk/s/christmas-challenge
We want to raise £4,500 so that in the new year, LATCH will have the funds needed for the counselling that so many of our service users need and value so deeply, especially during the pandemic's challenging times. Your help is needed to provide this essential resource - the time, the professional counsellors and a safe space to talk about their homelessness and the impact it has on their life - so how can you help?
We need two types of supporters for the Christmas Challenge as this is a two step challenge - we need Pledgers and Online Donors.
Are you a Pledger who can pledge a minimum of £100? Or, are you a valued Donor who has donated in the past and wants to do so again as a token of your support at Christmas time? Here is some info to help you decide.
Pledgers: Our Pledge Target is £1100.00 by 5pm Friday 28th August 2020
- Pledges are match funds used to double online donations.
- Pledge promises must be secured by Friday 28th August 2020.
- Each pledge must be a minimum of £100 to £1000.
- Both individuals, groups and organisations are eligible to pledge.
- Supporters pledge by completing our online pledge form below.
- Pledges are promises of funding which are only paid after the Christmas Challenge ends on 9th December 2020
- Pledges can be paid directly to the charity (via cheque or BACs) or via the BigGive.org.uk
- Pledgers cannot DONATE to LATCH during the campaign, please.
- Complete the Pledge Form here
Please PLEDGE by completing the Pledge Form any time now. You need not send your pledge money until 9th December 2020, latest .
Online Donors: Our Donations Target is £2200.00
- Online donations are made during the short Christmas Challenge week (1st Dec – 8th Dec, 5pm).
- The minimum online donation is £5. Every single donation will be match funded by The Big Give's own funders, up to £25,000!
- Online donations must be made on theBigGive.org.uk with a debit or credit card, by the cardholder.
- Supporters who donate online must not have pledged in August.
- Our Online Donation target is £2200 - please help us hit that target (and ideally, surpass it!)
Thanks for your support.
Shopping online? You may already be using one of these fundraiser shopping sites but if not, please register at one of them today to start raising free donations, while you shop....
Join EasyFundraising.org.uk for free today
and we get a £5 donation and the chance to win £500. EasyFundraising turns your everyday online shopping into free donations for LATCH. How? Just start your online shopping first at Easy Fundraising, then shop as normal. The retailers you shop with will then make a small donation to say “Thank You”. Learn more here >> EasyFundraising
Join Give As You Live today
🎄 Christmas shop underway? Whether you're buying games consoles, tablets or hair straighteners, 🎁 No matter what gift you're giving 👗 From Christmas jumpers to the perfect party dress, why not make our Christmas by clicking via Give As You Live? The retailer you purchase from will pay us a percentage of your spend, at no cost to you! Be a #GivingHero!
Make a real difference today.
The LATCH Project works to house the young, single homeless in the spare rooms of local hosts but our work doesn't end there. Once housed, we find that the best outcomes towards independent living come from continued contact, counselling and mentoring. Further funding enables us to create more time and opportunity to listen and to meet them where they are. We then create personal support plans to ensure clients find real purpose and meaning in our community.
Click here >> to DONATE - Thank You.
How can you make a huge difference to the lives of more than one homeless person?
A one-time donation could form part of a Perpetually Self-Replenishing Fund (PSRF) helping a homeless Latch client to get housed and pay one month’s rent upfront. Typically, £408.50 covers one month's rent and your £10/£20/£30/£50/£100 donation could remain a part of this reusable fund, forever! HOW? Well, the newly housed client applies for housing benefit, LBB are currently quoting 22days processing time but this doesn't ensure payment is received within a month. So it's possible the rent due date will be missed completely if the client's earnings or benefits are insufficient to cover it.
This is where LATCH can step in with your contribution and the PSRF - we pay the Host upfront and this is repaid to the charity once the client's housing benefit arrives. The facility then comes back in once again on standby, ready to be "re-used" for another client. This helps to remove the unspoken financial stress or tension between a client and their host, especially if the client also happens to be looking for work, still. You can help to break this cycle of worry.
To set up a one time donation or standing order hit the Donate button below and please do opt for Gift Aid which raises an additional 25% on top of your donation. Select one of our one time donation options or customise your donation - thank you for your support.